The Marketing Manager is responsible for coordination and implementation of marketing and site activation initiatives as well as managing tenant relationships at all Sloss Real Estate Properties that drive traffic, sales and build affinity for our properties.
- Interface and manage relationships with graphic designers, property management and tenants, PR agencies and vendors such as printers and photographers
- Manage the annual marketing plan and calendar
- Identify, develop and manage strategic marketing initiatives and plans, including the design and production of marketing collateral, print and digital advertising, newsletters and digital magazine
- Manage and maintain property signage and wayfinding, including tenant directory updates
- Procure and analyze market research to determine target shoppers/consumers/visitors
- Effectively manage development and execution of a PR strategy with local PR agency including communication of story ideas, assistance with fact finding on projects and tenants, and proofing press releases
- Develop and manage partnerships with key media outlets in conjunction with PR firm
- Assistance with establishing annual marketing budget
- Create, curate and manage the social media strategy, design and content, and develop and expand the social media community and/or influencer outreach
- Strengthen all social channels using strategic storytelling and development of a comprehensive editorial calendar.
- Manage all elements for the digital marketing campaigns
- Assist with oversight of regular website updates and content with agency partner
- Write content across platforms including blog posts
- Manage reporting and communication of social media, website analytics, newsletter and digital magazine engagement. Suggest and implement growth strategies for each, and track and analyze results.
- Develop plans for and execution of annual events that reflect the goals for the properties, strengthen the brand awareness within the community and drive activity in the neighborhood
- Develop event-specific strategies for budgets that maximize revenues
- Work with tenants to increase participation and promotion of events
- Work with creative consultant to build the event portion of the website, including a calendar with community-wide and individual business events, information for booking available property and tenant venues, and information on upcoming events
- Promote events throughout local digital and print resources to generate as much awareness as possible about the events within the community
- Coordinate with property management to ensure the property is prepared for, maintained and secured during and properly put back together after the event.
- Effectively document each event including preparing and event management plan, photography during the event and creation of an event follow-up report that includes analysis of the event, feedback from any outside organizational participants and tenant feedback where applicable.
- Responsible for all event agreements including gathering of all necessary insurance documents and licenses from participants.A legal understanding of these agreements and ability to interface with insurance representatives is required.
Tenant Relations / Tenant Retention:
- Build relationships with tenants as a community manager in order to effectively communicate their feedback, needs and concerns to property management, leasing and development.
- Develop and implementation of a tenant retention plan and track progress with a clear reporting format
- Maintain an accurate tenant email list and communicate with tenants on a regular basis
- Communicate with tenants about upcoming events, what to expect in the neighborhood leading up to and day of the event
- Encourage tenant participation in events where applicable
- Encourage tenant promotion of our marketing efforts with their individual client base to build event and brand awareness of Pepper Place within the community
- Communicate with tenants when they are featured in our marketing efforts
- Organize and facilitate tenant meetings for communicating information and strengthen the Pepper Place relationships and community
Leasing and Property Management:
- Assist leasing department with property flyers and “for lease” signage
- Coordinate and procure “coming soon” window signage for new tenants to heighten community interest for them
- Manage the prompt installation of tenant building directory signage and website directory listings as soon as the tenant occupies the space
- Activate vacant spaces with pop-ups that are consistent with the branding and vision of the properties
- Conduct weekly property condition assessments to ensure that the property and buildings are kept in well-functioning, clean, and presentable condition
- Track property condition assessments with a clear reporting format and communicate with the property management team promptly and effectively
- Communicate progress on maintenance activity that affects tenants promptly through email and, when necessary, verbally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred
- 5 to 7 years marketing experience in commercial real estate with emphasis on retail, hospitality or consumer-driven company
- Must be willing and available to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Ability to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to hold others accountable for decisions and deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Fluency across major social platforms
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong graphical and visual communication skills
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and quickly
- Must be team oriented and be able to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values and employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding requirements and expectations